26 February 2014

Why I love Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30 Hydrating Color Corrector

I recently voted in the Glosscars awards on Beautyheaven - an annual vote by members of the community for their favourite items released in the most recent year. There are dozens of categories and products to vote for, with a special extra points voting system for your special favourites.  

I didn't hesitate choosing my favourite product from 2013 - Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30 Hydrating Color Corrector. 


 

If I had to take just one product to a desert island, this would be the one I'd be packing.  It's my first CC Cream, and while I'm sure I'll try others, they'll have a lot to live up to. 

Clinique have 4 shades in the range, and I have shade Light which suits my complexion perfectly.

There are 40mls in the tube, and mine has lasted ages & is showing no signs or running out..   It retails for $45.00. 

I've swatched the cream so you can see both how well the shade matches, and also how well it blends.  How it imparts a lovely soft glow. 

According to Clinique, this wonder product  has:-
  • Sheer, light-scattering optics help neutralise imperfections by reflecting light away from flaws—creating the look of more even-toned skin.
  • Sallowness and dullness brighten. Redness diminishes. Grey becomes a natural glow.

My thoughts

It combines all the skincare benefits of the Clinique Moisture Surge skincare range with SPF30 UVA & UVB protection.  I love that it's fragrance-free, has an oil-free formula & is allergy tested.

What I really love about this is the colour correction.  I have had cheeks that are naturally red for as long as I can remember - this product eliminates the redness completely.

It makes my skin look and feel beautifully hydrated, fresh and calm.  It's a delightfully lightweight formula, I can barely notice I'm wearing it.  It also has great staying power and doesn't sweat off my skin on a hot summer day. 

While this can be a base and a foundation applied over it, I've never felt the need to do so.  This gives me all the coverage I need. 

I'd highly recommend trying this - personally I find CC Creams are a better product than BB Creams - they just offer so many extra benefits.  I hope Clinique make this forever!

Have you tried this CC Cream or others, please share your favourites.


2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I have a Max factor CC cream and I don't love it that much. It feels too thick and not moisturising enough. I do love the Clinique Moisture Surge moisturisers though, so i'd probably love their CC cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big fan of the Moisture Surge range, this honestly feels like I'm putting on a favourite moisturiser instead of a lightweight foundation.

      Delete